When our clients book a driveway sealing appointment with us, many ask, “Is there anything I need to do to get ready?” As a future client, we wanted you to have this helpful guide on how to get your driveway ready for sealing.
How to Get Your Driveway Ready for Sealing–Do:
- Please remove any sidewalk chalk that’s on the driveway. Here are some ideas about how to do this. Please make sure this is done 24 hours before your driveway sealing appointment. The driveway needs time to dry completely before it can be sealed.
- Please move your cars out of the driveway. Park them well away from the front of the house.
- Remove any recycling bins, shovels, etc. from the driveway.
- Give your neighbours a heads up that we’re coming to seal your driveway. The might wish to book an appointment to have their driveway sealed (ask about our multi-driveway discount). Also, we make every effort to protect personal property, but some neighbours will be more comfortable moving their vehicles out of their driveway.
How to Get Your Driveway Ready for Sealing–Don’t:
- Please don’t hose down the driveway before we arrive. We can’t seal a wet driveway.
- Please don’t park in front of your home. We need that space to park our truck and trailer during your driveway sealing appointment.
- Please don’t park in your driveway after sealing for approximately 36 hours. While the driveway can be walked on safely shortly after it is sealed, you’ll need to allow the sealing to fully dry for 36 hours before parking in your driveway again.
If you’ve got any questions about having your driveway sealed, you can check out our Frequently Asked Questions page, or send us a message.
We look forward to helping you beautify and protect your driveway this season!